A week away!
Seven days until our big day. Do you think we’re ready? If you said yes, you’d be wrong. Personally, I forgot about all the little detail stuff that still needs to be done – and every day something news comes up. Thank goodness I love my Texan very much – otherwise I’d be losing my mind.
Without further ado – what’s left:
1. Finish the wine bottle centerpieces – of the 30 bottles I need for the tables, about 20 are painted. I haven’t done the chalkboard paint or glued on the twine – if I run out of time, these things are getting axed. The finished product will be:
2. Buy alcohol – since our RSVPs rolled in late, we are behind the game in ordering kegs and wine for the wedding bar. I think we have a pretty good idea of how many people are coming – so we’re going to try and cross this one of our list on Tuesday.
3. Create our wedding playlist – for a music person, you’d think this one would’ve been checked off a long time ago. I need to figure out what song I want to use for my walk down the aisle- for background music, etc. Considering I’m more indie rock, and Texas is more country, finding songs wil be an adventure. I found an actual indie rock wedding song site, and I’m loving a few of the options. This is OUR song:
4. Seating chart or no seating chart? – At this point, we have no seating chart. But, I keep mulling this over, and I think maybe we need one. My 92 year-old Grandma is concerned she won’t have a front row seat, and Texas’s family won’t know my family…IDK. I have to make a decision by Monday.
5. Program or no program? – Really, given that the ceremony will be short, we don’t actually need a program. But I think it’s a nice touch for people to know the sequence of events for the night.
6. Freeze-dried rose petals – the flower girl (my soon-to-be, most awesome step daughter) needs rose petals to toss as she walks down the aisle. Worse case scenario, she’s getting what’s left on my rose bush at home.
7. Basket or box for cards – I’m really hoping to find something in the house that I can upcycle into a card box.
8. Rental car – Need to rent a car for our honeymoon since we aren’t planning on taking CityKat or Cindy Black Truck.
I’m sure this isn’t everything – but it’s most of it. If any one has wedding tips, tricks or suggestions, comment and share. And wish me luck!